Monday, January 14, 2008

Love Your Neighbor - Day 1

So, today was the first day of my new adventure described in the previous post.

I actually felt like I failed this new meditation by day one because I felt I had not done anything out of the ordinary. And prayed for God to show me what to do, and He brought a name to my mind, Cassie.

She is a new friend who has also recently moved to this town of Crossville, TN. Well to make a short story long, Cassie has been overwhelmed at her work for this past week, and this week looked to be heading the same direction. All of this was found out about yesterday, but today God brought her name back to my attention.

Not that I have great problem solving skills, and I certainly cannot help her with her job seeing as she does something I don't know enough about, but I thought back to this verse Mark 12:30-31, and what does it look like to love your neighbor as yourself.

Immediately I thought well, maybe I can call and figure out her favorite comfort food and run it over to her. Come to find out we share a desire for Reese's Cups, and that she literally live about 30 seconds down the street! Needless to say, I ran the cups over and gave her a break from her work (Exactly what I would want someone to do for me.)

I don't know if she appreciated it, but I pray that even this small gesture showed God's love to her. She is a great girl and solid in her faith, and I know that it is very easy to feel that we are alone in this pursuit, so I wanted her to know she is not alone.

I hope that this post does not sound like bragging about "How good I am" because it is not about that at all, it is about taking my scripture to the week, and trying to live it out.

I must say I am excited and a little scared to see what God has in store for me tomorrow!

No comments: